The Challenge – Why do we need to do it?
- Defining the role of grassroots policy development in the context of a new membership and a new constitution.
- Finding common ground in vastly diverse geographies, cultures, languages and priorities.
- Enhancing citizen engagement into a political movement with which he/she will constantly identify.
The Approach – What do we need to do?
- Create an end-to-end process which has multiple levels of engagement, from the mere interest to the fully engaged, both in research and detailed policy development.
- Create the teams that will take charge of each of these levels of engagement and ensure the proper hand-offs between the levels.
- Create the tools necessary to manage the end-to-end process.
The Elements of Design – How will we do it?
- A focus on technology as part of the toolkit.
- Strong input from grassroots, experts and academia to enhance understanding of issues for the citizen, and not to obfuscate.
- Citizen fora, whether physical or virtual as the primary fertile ground for ideas, and to reclaim the language of debate.
I will need your support and all your creative energy to contribute to this great team effort.
Vote for me, because for me, your ideas come first.